Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA

Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) formerly Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), is a 3 year program that provides high quality professional education to students, facilitating entrepreneurial skills or training oriented at building management executives for organisations.

Eligibility:
Candidates successful in the two-year Pre University Course of PU Directorate, Government of Karnataka, from any stream, or the equivalent recognized by the Bangalore University may apply.

Objectives:

  • To provide high quality professional education to the management students
  • To facilitate entrepreneurial or employment positions
  • To prepare them to bold positions as junior executives in the organization
  • To meet the managerial challenges of the 21st century
  • To focus on the development of the whole person with conceptual, analytical and communication skills
  • To prepare young minds with a positive mental attitude for excellent performance and committed service
  • To implement a methodology to enable students to grasp major disciplines within both general and functional management areas
  • To develop independent thinking by each student.
  • To conduct more number of students – industry interface.
  • To conduct outbound training in the areas of management
  • To supplement classroom learning with a number of guest lectures from industry experts and consultants.
  • To facilitate entrepreneurial and self employment positions.

Course Overview 

  • The BBA Course is divided into 6 semesters.
  • It Includes 34 Core papers besides English and Language papers.
  • 8 Electives are offered in sixth semester.Each semester comprises of 18 weeks including the period of preparation for the semester examination. Right through the semester the student will be evaluated on a continuous basis. The Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) will carry a weightage of 10% of the marks on which the student is evaluated. The End Semester Exam (ESE) constitutes the other 90%.

Pedagogy

  • Classroom instruction through audio visual aids. ~ Case studies.
  • Role-play.
  • Industry visits.
  • Industry placements.
  • Projects.
  • Field visits.
  • Seminar presentations.

Core Subjects:
Core subjects are offered in each semester with stipulated credits for each subject. A credit is a yardstick to measure the weightage given to a subject. The number of lecture hours per week is indicative of the credits attached to each subject.

In the sixth semester, students are given a choice of electives. They may choose to specialize in any one elective given below. Each elective will have four papers,

The sixth semester students are required to undertake Internship/Project as part of their academic requirement, 25% Internals and 75% External marks will be  awarded. Internship/Project work enables students to get a practical exposure to the working of the industry. It would also help them to substantiate their classroom learning with practical experience.

A student is required to complete a minimum of 148 credits (including language) in order to qualify for the BBA degree.

Electives:

  • HRM
  • Marketing
  • Finance
  • Information Technology Management
  • Insurance
  • Advertising and media management
  • Tourism
  • International Business