Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) formerly Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), is a 3 year program that provides high quality professional education to students, facilitating entrepreneurial skills or training oriented at building management executives for organisations.
Candidates successful in the two-year Pre University Course of PU Directorate, Government of Karnataka, from any stream, or the equivalent recognized by the Bangalore University may apply.
- To provide high quality professional education to the management students
- To facilitate entrepreneurial or employment positions
- To prepare them to bold positions as junior executives in the organization
- To meet the managerial challenges of the 21st century
- To focus on the development of the whole person with conceptual, analytical and communication skills
- To prepare young minds with a positive mental attitude for excellent performance and committed service
- To implement a methodology to enable students to grasp major disciplines within both general and functional management areas
- To develop independent thinking by each student.
- To conduct more number of students – industry interface.
- To conduct outbound training in the areas of management
- To supplement classroom learning with a number of guest lectures from industry experts and consultants.
- To facilitate entrepreneurial and self employment positions.
- The BBA Course is divided into 6 semesters.
- It Includes 34 Core papers besides English and Language papers.
- 8 Electives are offered in sixth semester.Each semester comprises of 18 weeks including the period of preparation for the semester examination. Right through the semester the student will be evaluated on a continuous basis. The Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) will carry a weightage of 10% of the marks on which the student is evaluated. The End Semester Exam (ESE) constitutes the other 90%.
- Classroom instruction through audio visual aids. ~ Case studies.
- Industry visits.
- Industry placements.
- Field visits.
- Seminar presentations.
Core subjects are offered in each semester with stipulated credits for each subject. A credit is a yardstick to measure the weightage given to a subject. The number of lecture hours per week is indicative of the credits attached to each subject.
In the sixth semester, students are given a choice of electives. They may choose to specialize in any one elective given below. Each elective will have four papers,
The sixth semester students are required to undertake Internship/Project as part of their academic requirement, 25% Internals and 75% External marks will be awarded. Internship/Project work enables students to get a practical exposure to the working of the industry. It would also help them to substantiate their classroom learning with practical experience.
A student is required to complete a minimum of 148 credits (including language) in order to qualify for the BBA degree.
- Information Technology Management
- Advertising and media management
- International Business